Galway County Building Visit: Raford House

Raford House is a large imposing country house dating from c. 1760 and attributed to the architect Francis Bindon. Its ashlar limestone walls are evidence of highly skilled craftsmen and of the wealth of the Daly family who built it. The facade has a pedimented Doric doorcase and large Diocletian and small circular windows above. The interior retains contemporary joinery, chimney pieces and a profusion of decorative plasterwork.